Need a repair kit? Please contact us to receive your kit.
The only tool you need is a screwdriver—we recommenda Phillips head or a power drill (if you have one). Before youget started, take a minute to read through the instructions.
The base reinforcement is located underneath the lining at the bottom of the luggage shell on the front and back shell section.
- Open your suitcase, lay it flat, and unzip the lining on the side that has the broken base reinforcement.
- Unscrew all screws and remove the base reinforcement.
• Note: The wheels need to be removed to replace this part
• Note: If replacing the base reinforcement on the front shell, there are 2 additional screws that need to be unscrewed that hold the underside grab handle in place
Put the new base reinforcement in place, lining up the screw holes on the wheel with the screw holes on the base reinforcement.
• Hold the wheel in place as you are screwing in the first screw
- Insert screws into screw holes, and screw until they can twist no further. Repeat with the other wheel. If replacing the front base reinforcement, reattach the underside grab handle.
- Zip up the lining.
That’s it! You’re good to get back on the road again.
Away does not assume liability for injury or damages resulting from this DIY repair kit or these instructions, so please proceed with caution. If you have any questions about these instructions, you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the repair process and we’ll help you through it!